We run two programmes to help pupils improve their grades, confidence and expectations.
- Core University Access Programme: university students coaches pupil in Year 9-13 around a chosen subject.
- Peer to Peer Leadership Programme: Year 12 pupils coach pupils in Years 8-10.
Our programme provides a kick-start and an environment where the most able are encouraged to academically flourish. Pupils are paired with relatable role models who are only a few years ahead in their educational journey (either at university or in sixth form).
All of our coaches have been trained by our staff team who are accredited coaches recognised by the Association for Coaching and Institute of Leadership and Management - themselves trained by MOE – an organisation that specialises in supporting young people through coaching.
Our 1-to-1 sessions and group workshops run over a term in which time pupils increase their self-awareness, allowing them to make practical and targeted changes to their attainment and behaviour in-class so they become confident, independent, and motivated to succeed.
Term-long coaching programme (Years 7-13):
- Subject-specific support pupil needs help on.
- Awareness and actions of what needs to be done to get into a top university (Goal setting, 360 feedback and self-directed help).
- Study Skills support.
- Social and Cultural Capital building with a Launch trip and Graduation at university.